Plate Heat Exchangers
Centri-Force is the appointed distributor for API Schmidt Bretten plate heat exhangers in the UK.
Centri Force Engineering can supply, service, and refurbish all makes and models of Plate Heat Exchanger; we have been an agent for API Schmidt Bretten for a number of years and have supplied these units into the process industries listed at the bottom of this page.
Plate Heat Exchangers utilise corrugated plates stacked between a fixed and a movable pressure plate. The corrugation patterns alternate for maximum operating pressures.
As virtually all of the material is used for heat transfer, Plate Heat Exchangers can have large amounts of effective heat transfer surface in a small footprint. It is not uncommon that a Plate Heat Exchanger will have the same thermal capacity as a Shell & Tube five times larger.
The unique corrugation pattern pressed onto each Schmidt-Bretten thermal plate produces the highest overall heat transfer rate by assuring highly turbulent flow and excellent fluid distribution across the entire surface. With high heat transfer rates and true counter current flow, API Plate Heat Exchangers economically handle close temperature approach requirements.
Frame: Painted Carbon Steel, or 304 Stainless Steel
Plates: Stainless: 304 and 304L stainless; 316 and 316L stainless
Exotics: Titanium, Titanium-Palladium, SMO-254, Incoloy 825, Nickel, Hastelloy, Monel, Inconel, Tantalum
Gaskets: Nitrile, EPDM, Viton, Compressed Fiber, Glued or Clip-on designs
Connections: FPT, MPT, Studded, Flanged, Tri-Clamp, others
Capacities: 0.5 GPM to 8800 GPM
API Heat Transfer’s line of Schmidt-Bretten Plate Heat Exchangers incorporates superior design features to ensure long term customer satisfaction.
- Highest quality gaskets precisely fit the plate grooves for positive sealing and ease of maintenance. Superior clip-on gasket design ensures proper fit during closing of the unit.
- Double sealing design prevents the possibility of mixing the two process fluids. Leak detect feature ensures any leakage is to the atmosphere.
- Zinc coated hardware provides long life.
- All plate pack tightening is done from the fixed pressure plate to eliminate any stud interference.
- All bolted construction for easier service.
- Low volumetric fluid hold-up provides quicker response to heating and cooling demands, while reducing costs for more expensive process fluids.
- Readily expanded for greater capacities, or totally new applications
We are keen to help and we will be pleased to discuss any issues you may have:
Centri-Force Engineering Co. Ltd.
1-7 Montrose Avenue, Hillington Park, Glasgow G52 4LA.
Scottish Registered Company SC70659
VAT Reg. No. GB 334 3138 81.
Tel: +44 (0)141 882 3351